Well, we’ve almost come to end of the week of favourites. I hope you’ve found, among the small collection I included, at least a few links you’d like to check out.
Anyway, since today’s Friday, I’m sure you’re expecting something related to food.
I’m not going to disappoint you, of course. I have a few food blogs in mind for you today.
I’m sure by now you’ve figured out that I like food. I like to bring it together, cook or bake it into something new, and then enjoy the wonderful flavours brought out by the entire process.
In addition to all of that, I like hear about other people’s experiences with food. New techniques they’ve discovered, their successes and setbacks – pretty much anything, really. And I particularly like it when they include recipes with their stories.
Quite a few of the blogs on my read-regularly list tell these types of stories along with their recipes. Here are a few of my favourites:
- Joy the Baker: This blog features a large variety of dessert, entree and appetizer-style recipes. Joy also occasionally writes more informational posts to help her readers better understand the more technical aspects of cooking and baking.
- The Kitchn: The Kitchn covers just about everything you could want to know about cooking and baking. The multiple writers post recipes, kitchen tours, information about gadgets, and a whole plethora of other topics.
- La Tartine Gourmande: While this blog doesn’t get updated as often as it used to, it’s still a great one to keep on your list. The blogger’s photos are beautiful, and she posts a lot of fresh, unique recipes.
- America’s Test Kitchen Feed: This blog doesn’t post a lot of personal stories, but it’s a great resource for recipes and techniques.
- Culinary Concoctions by Peabody: Featuring stories that wonderfully accompany its recipes, this blog focuses mostly on desserts. And, as a bonus, the writer is funny and personal, a great combination for a food blogger.